Your Guide To The FT Lauderdale Boat Show (Courtesy Of AH360 Photography)
(Sample Photography At The Bottom)
Right down the street from the famous Las Olas Boulevard, the City of Fort Lauderdale Florida will be hosting the 59th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, an event which will start on the 31st October and run on until the 4th of November 2018. An event operated by Informa Exhibitions and owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF), the FLL Boat Show is awarded the recognition of being the worlds largest in-water boat show, which by the way spans more than 3 million square feet across multiple waterfront settings and Locations.
The transportation and parking are also impressive in moving some 110k people across a network of waterways and ground transportation services, as there rarely seems to be much trouble getting to where you want to go, although I must admit I spend more time there in the early days rather than the weekends.
Over the course of 5 days, F.L.I.B.S. will enhance the nautical experience for patrons by exhibiting a wide selection of the latest boats, yachts, and high tech marine accessories in addition to global debuts of entirely new vessels and technologies.
Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Maps
As of the day this article is being written there are yet to be any official 2018 FT Lauderdale Boat Show Maps released covering the 7 locations the event will be utilizing. Once those maps are up we will display them here, however here are the list of locations and their addresses which can be used to search Google Maps, at least to better help you navigate if you are from out of town:
- Bahia Mar Yachting Center
801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- The Sails Marina
2150 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Hall of Fame Marina
1 Hall of Fame Drive, Ft. Lauderdale 33316
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina
1881 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Pier 66 Marina
2301 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Las Olas Municipal Marina
240 Las Olas Cir, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Parking Information For The 2018 Ft Lauderdale International Boat Show
Let’s not wait to get to one of the most important topics for any large event like the boat show- Where to park the car?For me, I like the Broward Convention Center Garage where buses shuttle you back and forth between there and the main area around the Bahia Mar Hotel, however, like I said before, I tend to go Wed through Friday so this may not be feasible during weekend traffic increases where shuttling in could be your better option. I found a great resource here at Show Management that handles the event for FLIBS that will walk you through absolutely everything you need to know:
Boat Show Transportation Options
Water Taxi Transportation System
The most convenient way of navigating the international FLIBS 2018 is taking the Water Taxi. It connects parking lots to the North, West, and South, conveniently. You can also find connections to all show sites. Enjoy the traffic-free waterways and see the show from Fort Lauderdale’s waters. Water Taxi tickets cost $12. The service opens one hour before the show starts and closes two hours after the show.
The opening and closing hours for these routes are from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM on Wednesday through Saturday and from 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM on Sundays. You have several shuttle routes to choose from such as the Blue Route, Yellow Route, Brown Route, Red Route, and the Green Route. The route you choose depends on your location and where you want to go.
Buy Tickets To The 2018 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show
If you are looking for ticket information, or if you are ready to purchase your tickets to this years FLL Boat Show, here is a link to the EXACT page you need to visit at the boat shows website:
- Primetime Preview Tickets (Wednesday)- $51
- 2 Day Tickets Thursday Through Sunday- $57
- 1 Day Tickets Thursday Through Sunday- $33
Youth and Child Ticket Information
Children aged between 6 and 15 years old will pay $15. Children under the age of six-years-old will get free admission. Remember, FLIBS will offer free entrance for kids on Sundays.
Juniors Fishing Clinic At The Boat Show
For those with kids between the ages of 5-16, there will once again be a Kids Fishing Clinic presented by “Hook The Future”. These clinics will be held at the Convention Center show site and will start at:
- Saturday- 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM
- Sunday- 1:00pm and 3:00pm
2018 FLIBS event schedule
Wednesday, Oct 31, Noon – 7 pm
From Thur. November 1, through Sun. November 4, from 10 am to 7 pm.
What types of boats are on display?
• Express cruisers.
• High-performance boats.
• Cabin cruisers.
• Jet boats.
• Center consoles.
• Catamarans Inflatables.
• Motor Yachts.
• Sailing Yachts.
• Ski boats.
Attending FLIBS From Out Of Town
Air Travel Options
• Fort Lauderdale International Airport: The airport is located about 21 miles north of Miami, and is about five miles to the show.
• Miami International Airport: The airport is about 33 miles from the show.
• Palm Beach International Airport: The airport is located in the West Palm Beach, which is about 48 miles from Fort Lauderdale.
• Boca Raton Airport – BCT (Private): The airport is located between West Palm Beach and downtown Fort Lauderdale. The distance from the show is about 26 miles.
Things to do in Fort Lauderdale While Attending The Boat Show
There are numerous ways to play between the Everglades and Blue Wave beaches in Greater Fort Lauderdale such as sightseeing cruises, watersports, exploring a wide range of kid-friendly attractions and more. Take out some time to visit the Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District in Fort Lauderdale, which hosts a selection of exotic restaurants, exciting cultural attractions, and shops. Along the Riverwalk in downtown Fort Lauderdale, discover the Florida Grand Opera, Stranahan House, and the NSU Art Museum, all in the brick-lined promenade.
Arts & Entertainment
• Las Olas Blvd: Experience Fort Lauderdale’s “Style Smile,” with your friends and family at the independently owned boutiques, sparkling lounges, restaurant and cafés with sidewalk seating.
• Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District: Is a 22-block district that offers a wide range of fantastic entertainment options with top-notch concerts, unique galleries, nightlife, and dining.
• Broward Center For The Performing Arts: This is the perfect destination for outstanding entrainment in South Florida. The famous center presents over 700 performances yearly to thousands of patrons. It is home to multi-cultural performances, educational events, workshops concerts operas, Broadway musicals, and plays.
• Florida Grand Opera: This is one of the oldest performing arts organizations in South Florida with standard repertoire, new operas, and lesser-known operas commissions.
• Museum of Discovery & Science & AutoNation 3D IMAX Theater: Experience IMAX 3D Theater with 200 dynamic, hands-on exhibits that put you in the middle of the action.
• Fort Lauderdale Historical Society: This is a historic venue that has entertained international dignitaries, presidents, sportspeople, and governors, since 1905.
• Historic Stranahan House Museum: The Victorian Style home exudes the splendor, charm, magnificence of the New River.
• The Galleria: Is a popular destination with fabulous restaurants and sophisticated stores that offer the first-rate service.
• Festival Marketplace: Is South Florida’s most popular flea market.
• Westfield Broward: Is a large shopping mall on the plantation.
• Sawgrass Mills: Is one of the world’s leading discount and entertainment mall.
Fun for kids
Young at Art Children’s Museum: Be sure to let your kids enjoy the unique resources of the children’s art museum.
Butterfly World: This is home to over 20,000 live butterflies from different parts of the world. Let the kids marvel at the impressive sight of exotic birds in the aviaries and hand-feed the lorikeets.
Flamingo Gardens: Explore the botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary with thousands of rare and native plants, and more 90 species of South Florida’s native animals.
• Miami Dolphins: Watch dolphins at the newly remodeled Hard Rock Stadium.
• Miami Marlins Baseball: Watch American Professional Baseball At Marlins Park in Miami, Florida.
Explore the culinary scene of the Greater Fort Lauderdale, which includes waterfront restaurants, trendy wine bars, chic steakhouses, and Sunday brunches.
A brief history of FLIBS
FLIBS offers the iconic in-water boat show experience. There is a wide selection of yachts for buyers and clients who attend FLIBS. Fort Lauderdale is a destination that boasts of 23 miles of promenade-lined beachfront, a remarkable art scene, luxurious hotels, unique craft breweries, world-class restaurants, casinos, shopping, nightlife, and shopping. Guests get to experience the “Venice of America,” shipwreck dive sites along the “Wreck Capital of Florida,” and explore the botanical gardens with native wildlife and green tropical plants.
Professional Yacht and Boat Photography Including 360 Virtual Tours