© All rights reserved 2018
Last Minute Guide To The 2018 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS)
Right down the street from the famous Las Olas Boulevard, the City of Fort Lauderdale Florida will be hosting the 59th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, an event which will start on the 31st October and run on until the 4th of November 2018. Flibs will enhance the nautical experience for patrons by exhibiting a wide selection of the latest boats, yachts, and high tech marine accessories in addition to global debuts of entirely new vessels and technologies.
Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Maps For 2018
Map For The Entire Show (Overview)
FLIBS Convention Center Map For 2018
Sailfish Pavilion Map For FLIBS 2018
Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Transit Map and Locations (2018)
Where to Buy Tickets to the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show
If you are looking for ticket information, or if you are ready to purchase your tickets to this years FLL Boat Show, here is a link to the EXACT page you need to visit at the boat shows website:
- Primetime Preview Tickets (Wednesday)- $51
- 2 Day Tickets Thursday Through Sunday- $57
- 1 Day Tickets Thursday Through Sunday- $33
Youth and Child Ticket Information
Children aged between 6 and 15 years old will pay $15. Children under the age of six-years-old will get free admission. Remember, FLIBS will offer free entrance for kids on Sundays.
Juniors Fishing Clinic At The Boat Show
For those with kids between the ages of 5-16, there will once again be a Kids Fishing Clinic presented by “Hook The Future”. These clinics will be held at the Convention Center show site and will start at:
Saturday- 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM
Sunday- 1:00pm and 3:00pm
2018 FLIBS event schedule
Wednesday, Oct 31, Noon – 7 pm
From Thur. November 1, through Sun. November 4, from 10 am to 7 pm.
Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Google Map
Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
There are numerous ways to play between the Everglades and Blue Wave beaches in Greater Fort Lauderdale such as sightseeing cruises, watersports, exploring a wide range of kid-friendly attractions and more. Take out some time to visit the Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District in Fort Lauderdale, which hosts a selection of exotic restaurants, exciting cultural attractions, and shops. Along the Riverwalk in downtown Fort Lauderdale, discover the Florida Grand Opera, Stranahan House, and the NSU Art Museum, all in the brick-lined promenade.
What types of boats are on display?
Enjoy the ultimate boat show experience with a wide array of boats such as:
• High-performance boats
• Cabin cruisers
• Jet boats
• Catamarans Inflatables
• Motor Yachts
• Sailing Yachts
• Ski boats
What is the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show event schedule?
Primetime preview: Wednesday, Oct 31, Noon – 7 pm
Admission: From Thur. November 1, through Sun. November 4, from 10 am to 7 pm.
Adult: $51 (Valid for any single day from October 31 to November 4, 2018). The 2-day ticket package is $57.
General Admission: Adults will be charged $33, while children aged between 6 and 15 years old will pay $15. Children under the age of six-years-old will get free admission. Remember, FLIBS will offer free entrance for kids on Sundays.
What is the location of FLIBS?
The seven locations of the international show are:
Why attend FLIBS?
FLIBS is just a few minutes from the sunny Florida Beach, hosts over 12,000 exhibitors and displays more than 1, 500 boats. There are other products such as superyachts, sunglasses and everything in between.
Arts & Entertainment
• Las Olas Blvd: Experience Fort Lauderdale’s “Style Smile,” with your friends and family at the independently owned boutiques, sparkling lounges, restaurant and cafés with sidewalk seating.
• Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District: Is a 22-block district that offers a wide range of fantastic entertainment options with top-notch concerts, unique galleries, nightlife, and dining.
• Broward Center For The Performing Arts: This is the perfect destination for outstanding entrainment in South Florida. The famous center presents over 700 performances yearly to thousands of patrons. It is home to multi-cultural performances, educational events, workshops concerts operas, Broadway musicals, and plays.
• Florida Grand Opera: This is one of the oldest performing arts organizations in South Florida with standard repertoire, new operas, and lesser-known operas commissions.
• Museum of Discovery & Science & AutoNation 3D IMAX Theater: Experience IMAX 3D Theater with 200 dynamic, hands-on exhibits that put you in the middle of the action.
• Fort Lauderdale Historical Society: This is a historic venue that has entertained international dignitaries, presidents, sportspeople, and governors, since 1905.
• Historic Stranahan House Museum: The Victorian Style home exudes the splendor, charm, magnificence of the New River.
• The Galleria: Is a popular destination with fabulous restaurants and sophisticated stores that offer the first-rate service.
• Festival Marketplace: Is South Florida’s most popular flea market.
• Westfield Broward: Is a large shopping mall on the plantation.
• Sawgrass Mills: Is one of the world’s leading discount and entertainment mall.
Fun for kids
Young at Art Children’s Museum: Be sure to let your kids enjoy the unique resources of the children’s art museum.
Butterfly World: This is home to over 20,000 live butterflies from different parts of the world. Let the kids marvel at the impressive sight of exotic birds in the aviaries and hand-feed the lorikeets.
Flamingo Gardens: Explore the botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary with thousands of rare and native plants, and more 90 species of South Florida’s native animals.
• Miami Dolphins: Watch dolphins at the newly remodeled Hard Rock Stadium.
• Florida Panthers: See concerts at the BB&T Center and cheer on the Panthers.
Explore the culinary scene of the Greater Fort Lauderdale, which includes waterfront restaurants, trendy wine bars, chic steakhouses, and Sunday brunches.
What are the transportation options at the FLIBS?
Water Taxi Transportation System
The most convenient way of navigating the international FLIBS 2018 is taking the Water Taxi. It connects parking lots to the North, West, and South, conveniently. You can also find connections to all show sites. Enjoy the traffic-free waterways and see the show from Fort Lauderdale’s waters. Water Taxi tickets cost $12. The service opens one hour before the show starts and closes two hours after the show.
The opening and closing hours for these routes are from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM on Wednesday through Saturday and from 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM on Sundays. You have several shuttle routes to choose from such as the Blue Route, Yellow Route, Brown Route, Red Route, and the Green Route. The route you choose depends on your location and where you want to go.
Air Travel Options For FLIBS 2018
• Fort Lauderdale International Airport: The airport is located about 21 miles north of Miami, and is about five miles to the show.
• Miami International Airport: The airport is about 33 miles from the show.
• Palm Beach International Airport: The airport is located in the West Palm Beach, which is about 48 miles from Fort Lauderdale.
• Boca Raton Airport – BCT: The airport is located between West Palm Beach and downtown Fort Lauderdale. The distance from the show is about 26 miles.
A brief history of FLIBS
FLIBS offers the iconic in-water boat show experience. There is a wide selection of yachts for buyers and clients who attend FLIBS. Fort Lauderdale is a destination that boasts of 23 miles of promenade-lined beachfront, a remarkable art scene, luxurious hotels, unique craft breweries, world-class restaurants, casinos, shopping, nightlife, and shopping. Guests get to experience the “Venice of America,” shipwreck dive sites along the “Wreck Capital of Florida,” and explore the botanical gardens with native wildlife and green tropical plants.